Monday, February 4, 2013

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot!!!

Having added a new satellite TV station just to get rugby I finally am getting my rugby fix. With the 6 Nations tournament starting I am dating myself with this blog but I would forever be remiss if I did not mention the incredible match played by the men from England against the mighty All Blacks from New Zealand. On December 1st England defied all odds to beat the World Cup Champions in England during international play.
The English side completely dominated the All Blacks in all phases of the game. From the beginning of the match the All Blacks were on their heels with aggressive play and hard tackles. Leading 15-0 at halftime the English looked dominate and in control but New Zealanders would not go away quietly. The Maori warriors had suffered from a team bout of the flu and an unrelenting English assault but never quit.
Ultimately The English side was too fast, too strong, too precise, and too unrelenting in its play and closed out the match 38-21. What made this victory so incredible was that it was England’s first win against the All Blacks in nine years. The All Blacks were undefeated in 20 matches and after a near decade of dominance over the English it almost seemed that the game was already decided before the teams came out onto the field. The English did not get the message that New Zealand was supposed to win.
The match was my first one to see since the World Cup and it left me motivated. I have been slowly getting back into shape since my injury and this game put an added spark into my motivation. I am excited and anticipating the 6 nation matches. I have my recorders set and my treadmill ready to roll so I can watch the matches over and over as I learn to run again. Thank you England and New Zealand for starting me off on the right foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment